Sunday, January 13, 2008

O Sole o Mio or Home Alone 135!!!

OK. So I find myself back in the old, "I know I have a wife mode but where is she"? Well, another semi-emergency baby crisis issue arises and off she goes. Plus she is going to be with Grandma Barbara for awhile. I wish I could convince my partners that I should go with her while they see all my patients and I still get paid. Now that is what I call a "PERK" with a capital PERK.
It does have some pluses that come with the loneliness. I don't have to make my bed for 6 days! Just before she comes back, I change the sheets, spruce up the pillows on the bed and no one knows the difference. Grandpa Dan once told his Older Sisters who always ironed their sheets and pillow cases, that they would "never know how nice it is to snuggle up into an unmade bed"! Now lets see, where did I get this trait from?
We made it through the holidays relatively unscathed but I started with a scratchy throat just before Josh left on New Years Day. It went on to a full blown cold with cold sores, stuffy nose and yuckiness. Marilyn came down with flu like symptoms for one day with chills and fever and then it settled in her throat with sore throat and cold symptoms for another week.
I'm outa here!

4 comments:

jamieBEE said...

It is so fun to read your blog! This is Jamie Lea Braithwaite (Lindsey's Friend). I found your link on Lindsey's blog. You sure are Tech-Savy to have such a great blog!

Joy Lea said...

Information travels fast.. Jim and Joy here! We found your blog connection on Jamie's blog! My, my, Carl blogs! And Heidi commented on my blog today!
Hello old friend. Remember our plans for Hawaii? The good old days!

Heidi said...

Hey--

Said older sisters also told off Grandma H for playing with her kids instead of vacuuming, so I'm betting they wouldn't really approve of your six-day housekeeping siesta, either!

Rolling over, that's what the aunties are doing now . . .

Love you dad!

Lindsey said...

Don't worry Dad- she has been making my bed for me in the mean time b/c she misses it so much! Although she did surprise me with her confession that she doesn't always make her bed.