Tuesday, December 4, 2007

After the big C....what?

Well, I'm now 4 days post op and feeling like maybe my insides might be coming back online.(I know that is a computer term but I'm morphing it into the realm of colorectal jargon..OK?) When the procedure is done they inflate the colon with gas to make it easier to see...whatever they see. Well, I do believe that the gas stays in cognito for a couple of days and then makes one final rush for the old outdoors. Marilyn has been very patient as she was in the same mode 2 weeks ago and went through the same moving experience. So now I am cleared for another 5 years. No polyps, no pockets and some small hemorrhoids(spelling check). Tis the plight of the 60 year old male. Next up, prostate exam.....

2 comments:

Ginnie Kimball said...

Dad, I can hardly wait for the commentary on the prostate...

Heidi said...

Yeah. I'm just hoping that if you get a rectal exam we can get all the juicy details.