Thursday, February 21, 2008

Potty Training

I noted that when Heidi wrote about potty training, her blog received 20 comments. So, I'm thinking that my blog will have to be "hit" a great deal if I at least title my blog "Potty Training". I cannot imagine that the amount of hits were associated with the content but I am sure that there are tons of diaper changing mammas out there looking for something to reach out to in the form of potty training tips and techniques. So as not to disappoint, I will give them all one tip: Give your children Reese's pieces, not M&M's! The anecdotal evidence suggests that if one is given M&M's for prolonged periods of time(and we all know how long potty training can drag on) the possibility of getting chocolate induced diarrhea increases greatly. Now all people know what problems diarrhea can be in potty training!
OK, got your attention, now to the boring stuff. Sex! oops, that may take me off of the MBOA(moral blogs of america) list.
The family is doing well. Going to Sacratamata for Chase's baptism. Of course we have so much to take that we have broken out the large suit case for a 3 day visit. I'm hoping most of it is bulk rather than density. Anyway, Grandma Barbara is going with us and she has two sisters in the area that she will rendezvous with while there.
Next week we are going to Hawaii with Chris and family. We are looking forward to swimming with turtles, fish and octopi! We are hoping that the surfing lessons don't disable the group before we can at least have some fun. Elice is getting a lot better and we are all grateful for that. Camille is also doing very well and their efforts in the dietary arena seem to be paying off. So for the week in Hawaii, I'm sugar free(at least when others are awake). I've been known to do a bit of midnight rendezvousing with the old frigidaire! Maybe they'll be a 7-11 in the neighborhood and I can just make runs over there.
Well, I'm writing this at work and work is calling. Love to all. I'll be waiting for the 2o comments. DAD

5 comments:

jamieBEE said...

hahaha!!! you got my attention :)

Heidi said...

Whoa, dad. You're pulling out all the stops--diarrhea and sex in the same blog. You're gonna get lots of great hits from QUALITY folks, trust me.

Lindsey said...

Dad- BYU sensored your blog when you use the word sex... just kidding...I am glad that you posted.

Celia said...

Uncle Carl, thank you for the M&M tidbit. Our problem, however, is the opposite of diarrhea so maybe we should stick with the M&Ms after all!

And where are those pics from Hawaii? Bust 'em out! Put 'em on the blog! We wanna see 'em!

Much love,
Celia

p.s. Do you want me to re-post this comment with only one word per comment -- that way you'll smash Heidi's measly "20 comments" title. Don't tell her I'm secretly jealous of her blogging, commenting friends. Aren't we all, though?

Janene said...

What is it with boys and their potty talk and always having one thing on their minds? I now know where Dan gets it from.