Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blogging to avoid halloween duties

Here I am writing a blog on Halloween night because 1) I can't hear people knock on my door from here, saves on Halloween candy 2) We live on a cul-de-sac that doesn't attract any trick or treeters anyway and 3) I don't have a wife to occupy my time(she is in SLC with sister and mother). I walked into the office today and found the fashion for Halloween costumes for the year are Bee antennae and green faces. I can see the green faces(Feona, Incredible Hulk, Green Lantern, etc.) and I can see bee antennae(Killer bees, honey bees, Bee Gee bees) but I can't put the two together. Would it be a Feona bee, The incredible hulk beemeister, or I'm green with envy Bee Gee bees. Well, it goes way above my abilities.
My partner saw one of our employees who had a princess costume on and blurted out, "you look just like Princess Feona". I tried to help the situation by adding, before the change of course. I think the hurt had been done. I wonder why they say men are insensitive?
We will be in Provo this weekend for Linzi's baby blessing. I will fly up after working Saturday morning. Your mother is already there, doing her thing with family. She was getting antsy because she had been home for 2 weeks in a row.
My desire to blog has just left me. Blogging is boring, except for those creative few who find outlets for talents. Besides, my blog has attracted 2 comments, both from Heidi, Oh I forgot Celia dropped by once. Celia, you have made my blogging career worthwhile.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I know. I hate it when nobody leaves comments. It's like, "I did all this work, and you can't even throw me a bone?" Pfft.

Taylor said...

Okay Uncle Carl,

I read your blog all the time. I find it a great replacement for the Dan and Hazel Smith family reunions we should be having. Thanks for being a blogger, as for me, no way.

Taylor said...

FYI,

I (Liz) left the message, but had to resort to my daughter's email account.

Celia said...

Thank you. I'm glad my blog lurking could provide at least one person with (hopefully) the will to carry on. Our blogging world would not quite be the same without your subtle sarcasm and wit. Please, continue to carry your blogging torch high and proud.

Adrienne said...

Uncle Carl....I read your blog as well! See, the Smith girls are all followers! In fact, i laughed out loud at this post and read a portion of it to Jim, so you can count that as two people reading it!

Too bad my Dad won't start a blog...you two would keep us all laughing.