Thursday, October 11, 2007

Don't push the next blog tab..!!!

I have just had a blogging experience from hell....anyway, depending upon your take on things. I had been reading Heidi's blog, a must for everyone to read, I then punched up my own blog thinking I would "post" one of my own. I looked up at the top of my page and couldn't remember exactly what to push and saw the "next blog" button. I clicked on it and immediately was in XXX rated materials. I panicked looking for an exit button, all the while trying to keep my eyes off the material and pictographs that were definitely in line with what the prophet suggests that we avoid. So after getting the right x pushed and with sweat dripping off my forehead, I took a break and made certain that this time the next blog button stays unpushed. I had forgotten that one "posts" a blog and doesn't write it.
Funny story: My patient came into my office with pain in his feet, heel pain and pain all over. As we were talking I asked him about the xray report stating that he had arthritis in his 2nd and 3rd toes of his right foot. He said when he was young that he was a bully type of older brother and when his brother and his friends were playing he would always kick their ball or do something else to disrupt their fun. So one day they were playing soccer and he ran onto the field to kick the ball. He hadn't really noticed but the ball they were playing with was stationary and they had painted a big rock to look like a ball. Thus twenty years later, he has arthritis in his toes where he kicked the "ball/rock". He assured me that a lesson was learned.
I guess my seeing humor in the situation may be a bit grotesque but he was laughing as hard as I did.
My days have come down to enjoying my solitude without your mother. She is with linzi and taking care of baby jack. He is quite the eater and though linzi isn't doing a lot of nursing, she is pumping and she seems to have the same problems nursing that Heidi is blessed with.(Heidi, I didn't give you those genes!). It could grow on me being a loner. I can't complain about the company I keep, I find myself quite good company and have very few arguments and very few conversations. I enjoy reading and am trying to finish, "Between a Rock and A Hard Place". It isn't too great knowing the end of the book when a story like that is being told. It does however tell of why he had the wherewithal to do what he had to do to save himself.
I am supposed to make this some kind of interesting writing rather than a "this is my life" tableau. Maybe I'll get better at it in the future.

No comments: